Tuesday, November 24, 2009
10 Commandments of Coalition Building
For Jim R, thanks for the feedback.
1. Focus on one issue, no polygamous coalitions.
2. Expect, and prepare for, internal fighting.
3. Expect, and prepare for, outside attempts to create internal fighting.
4. Language is your greatest ally and greatest enemy. Use with kid gloves.
5. Think before you leap.
6. Money makes the world go round.
7. Use every clever, devious tactic at your disposal. No one likes a bull in a china shop.
8. Communicate your message as broadly as possible, in as many different forms as possible, using as many different types of media as possible.
9. Be gracious when possible.
10. Prepare for setbacks, discouragement, and burn-out. They will happen. Promise.